The premise of the book is to help youth learn and understand through self exploration about 30 different promises God has made. In the end, Lucado wants to instill hope to each person through God's promises which will not be broken. The format for each chapter is the same ~
- There is a cover page which contains a pertinent scripture.
- There are 2 pages of reflections and examples regarding this topic.
- There is 1-2 pages of scripture about this topic.
- There are 4 questions for study and to help the reader dig a little deeper.
- Finally, there is a promise for you to make to God regarding this topic.
Each chapter is 6 pages in length. The book/devotional is pretty straight forward and easy to read. Some may say it is not deep enough, but the hope is that it spurs some questions which lead to some discussions in a youth group or at home.
Overall, this is a good book and resource, possibly for a parent to do with a teenager, which may draw them closer to one another and to God.
I received this book from booklookbloggers in exchange for an honest review.