I really appreciated this post from Perry Noble . . . This is a direct quote from Perry's blog.
I was thinking some “what if” thoughts the other day…
* WHAT IF the early church had decided to simply study what Jesus said but not apply it?
* WHAT IF the early church had decided their primary responsibility was to be political, thus organizing protests against the Roman government for occupying their land?
* WHAT IF the early church had decided to yell and scream at the Romans for acting like Romans?
* WHAT IF the early church had decided their primary call was to save the environment rather than the ones living in it?
* WHAT IF the early church had substituted their personal preferences in place of the words of Jesus?
* WHAT IF the early church had been more obsessed with Robert’s Rules of Order rather than the Scriptures?
* WHAT IF the early church had been focused on the cross on the wall rather than the cross Jesus called them to carry?
* WHAT IF the early church had instructed the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 that He was a little out of hand…and that his movement hadn’t been voted on and approved by the deacons.
* WHAT IF the early church had been full of people who drove their “luxury camels” to church…but became angry when someone mentioned the offering?
* WHAT IF the early church had the attitude of, “we love a small crowd…so don’t tell anyone about Jesus coming back to life. I know He commanded us to tell…but let’s keep it a secret?”
* WHAT IF the early church had been more passionate about their comfort than conforming to who Christ called them to be?
* WHAT IF the early church had spent their time attacking the church planting movement than began in Acts 8 and continued throughout the NT?
* WHAT IF the early church had been full of people who had an attitude and an opinion…but weren’t actually willing to do anything to reach people far from God?
* WHAT IF the early church had required only “religious professionals” to be in ministry?
WHAT IF…WOW…so glad the early church listened to Jesus and did what HE said…or else we would have been in a lot of trouble!
God Gave Us the Bible: 45 Favorite Stories for Little Ones is a very well done, hardcover introductory Bible for parents to read with thei...
MY NAME IS PRIDE By BETH MOORE My name is Pride. I am a cheater. I cheat you of your God-given destiny... because you demand y...
This is a wonderful devotional and Bible in one. The NIV Streams in the Desert Bible is packed with powerful words from God and from aut...
I was really excited to be able to review the NEW NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible , with D.A. Carson as the General Editor. This is a w...