As I've been thinking about the church lately, who we are, what we are about, what we are not supposed to be about, I came up with a short list . . .
What do you think? What would you add or subtract from my list?
If Jesus was living in me and in His church what type of fruit should I bear?
1. I should have a greater desire for Him.
2. I should have a greater love of people, all people.
3. I should hate sin . . . (yes, I know and love the sinner).
4. I should be humble, thinking others are better than me (aka humility).
5. I should be practicing the fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness and self-control).
6. I should be generous (financially, with time and resources).
7. I should be taking care of my body.
8. I should be drawing closer to Him.
9. I should be obedient to Him, not because I have to, but because I want to.
If Jesus was living in the church, what should the church produce?
1. People that love one another.
2. People who are passionate about Jesus.
3. People who are open to receiving all people (since all people are sinners).
4. People who work together for His good, not ours.
5. People who seek to serve, rather than be serve.
6. People who are focused on bring others to a transforming relationship with Jesus.
7. People who are willing to put aside their 'rights' so that others can experience redemption
and acceptance through Christ.
8. People who are filled with His hope and love, power, strength and courage!
9. People who are filled with joy and passion, in the midst of sorrow.
On the flip side of that, Jesus Does Not Produce:
1. A critical spirit
3. Fighting within the church (aka - selfishness)
4. Bitterness / unforgiveness
5. Dead and self serving worship
6. Boring preaching
8. Passionless followers
What else can you think of? I'd really be interested in your thoughts!!
God Gave Us the Bible: 45 Favorite Stories for Little Ones is a very well done, hardcover introductory Bible for parents to read with thei...
MY NAME IS PRIDE By BETH MOORE My name is Pride. I am a cheater. I cheat you of your God-given destiny... because you demand y...
This is a wonderful devotional and Bible in one. The NIV Streams in the Desert Bible is packed with powerful words from God and from aut...
I was really excited to be able to review the NEW NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible , with D.A. Carson as the General Editor. This is a w...