I ran across a blog which listed John Wesley's original 21 accountability questions. Remember, John Wesley is really the father of the small group movement. This started in the 1700's.
You can find his questions by clicking here.
I thought from all of the accountability questions out there I would list my top 15, with one extra. They are in no specific order.
- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?Did I give God time to speak to me today, through prayer and the Bible?
- When did I last speak to someone about my faith?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
- Am I defeated in any part of my life?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I going to do about it?
- Is Christ real to me?
- Have you been with a woman/man anywhere this past week that might be seen as compromising?
- Have I been exposed to sexually alluring material or allowed my mind to entertain inappropriate thoughts about someone who is not my spouse this week?
- Have you given priority time to your family?
- What have you held back from God that you need to surrender?
- Have you damaged another person by your words, either behind their back or face-to-face?
- Have you given in to an addictive behavior this week? Explain.
- Have you secretly wished for another's misfortune so that you might excel?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
- Have you just lied?