Wednesday, January 21, 2015
This book is not geared for the professional only. It is for all people who are invested in making a difference for Christ. This book will help the Christ follower to be better equipped to help people know and become more passionate followers of Christ. This book is not just another theoretical book, it is filled with many practical applications as well. That makes the book worth the price. I like the fact that the applications are not just locally grown, but come through their ministries relationships throughout the world, as well in the United States.
The book is easy to read, the chapters are short and can easily be read as part of a group process. There are also a number of scripture references to help the reader.
The book is broken into two parts ~
PART 1: THE MIND-SET OF A DISCIPLE-MAKER
- Disciple-Makers Embrace Lessons Taught by Failure
- Disciple-Makers Deculturalize, Not Contextualize, the Gospel
- Disciple-Makers Plant the Gospel Rather than Reproduce Their Religion
- Disciple-Makers Recognize the Limitations of Branded Christianity
- Disciple-Makers Adapt the Strategy for Making Disciples to the Structure of the Community
- Disciple-Makers Limit the Negative Influence of their Culture and Religious Experience
- Disciple-Makers Understand the Importance of Obedience
- Disciple-Makers Make Disciples, Not Converts
- Disciple-Makers Practice the Priesthood of the Believer
PART 2: PRACTICES OF A DISCIPLE-MAKER
- Think Strategically and Tactically About Disciple-Making
- Be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples
- Engage Lost People
- Finding a Person of Peace
- Discovery Groups
- Establishing Churches
The Watson's lead us in the first section to understand the theory, then in part two, put everything into practice. Overall, this was an excellent book.
I received this book from Booksneeze.com in exchange for an impartial review.
The Wonder of Advent Devotional: Experiencing the Love and Glory of the Christmas Season , by Chris Tiegreen is one of many books and devo...
MY NAME IS PRIDE By BETH MOORE My name is Pride. I am a cheater. I cheat you of your God-given destiny... because you demand y...
I always look forward to books by Leonard Sweet. He helps me to get out of my comfort zone. In his newest book, The Bad Habits of Jesus:...
The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible: Receiving God’s Truth for Balance, Hope, and Transformation is not only using an excellent translation, but...