Wednesday, January 21, 2015
This book is not geared for the professional only. It is for all people who are invested in making a difference for Christ. This book will help the Christ follower to be better equipped to help people know and become more passionate followers of Christ. This book is not just another theoretical book, it is filled with many practical applications as well. That makes the book worth the price. I like the fact that the applications are not just locally grown, but come through their ministries relationships throughout the world, as well in the United States.
The book is easy to read, the chapters are short and can easily be read as part of a group process. There are also a number of scripture references to help the reader.
The book is broken into two parts ~
PART 1: THE MIND-SET OF A DISCIPLE-MAKER
- Disciple-Makers Embrace Lessons Taught by Failure
- Disciple-Makers Deculturalize, Not Contextualize, the Gospel
- Disciple-Makers Plant the Gospel Rather than Reproduce Their Religion
- Disciple-Makers Recognize the Limitations of Branded Christianity
- Disciple-Makers Adapt the Strategy for Making Disciples to the Structure of the Community
- Disciple-Makers Limit the Negative Influence of their Culture and Religious Experience
- Disciple-Makers Understand the Importance of Obedience
- Disciple-Makers Make Disciples, Not Converts
- Disciple-Makers Practice the Priesthood of the Believer
PART 2: PRACTICES OF A DISCIPLE-MAKER
- Think Strategically and Tactically About Disciple-Making
- Be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples
- Engage Lost People
- Finding a Person of Peace
- Discovery Groups
- Establishing Churches
The Watson's lead us in the first section to understand the theory, then in part two, put everything into practice. Overall, this was an excellent book.
I received this book from Booksneeze.com in exchange for an impartial review.
Devotionals can be a great aid in our spiritual development, and this devotional from one of my favorite authors is an excellent resource....
MY NAME IS PRIDE By BETH MOORE My name is Pride. I am a cheater. I cheat you of your God-given destiny... because you demand y...
I had heard of Peter Scazzero's Emotionally Healthy Spirituality , but for some reason never thought about reading it. When I saw the...
I have been a fan of John Maxwell for many years, and have read many of his books on leadership. I already had the first edition of Devel...