Tuesday, May 06, 2014
Solomon Style: Seduction and Temptation
Atterberry takes us through 10 Wake Up Calls (Chapters) that grab a man, seducing him and leading him away from who is really called to be.
Chapter titles include ~
1. Sin seems like a good idea
2. God's commands seem out of touch
3. Your glory is more important than God's glory
4. You're more influenced by enticements than warnings
5. Sin management seems like a better choice than repentance
6. Your faithful friends are troubled by your behavior
7. Your drinking glasses cost more than some people's houses
8. There are a thousand women lined up outside your bathroom
9. The throne of your heart goes from being a chair to a sofa to a sectional
10. God draws a bull's-eye on your chest.
Atterberry gives a number of examples about the ways we fall into these seductions / temptations. He discusses the pitfalls and ways we can battle back. The book is written from a Christian point of view, although he does not use a great deal of scripture to prove his points or to beat you up over a legalistic point of view. Basically, it’s a call for men to turn away from sin and turn back to God.
This is a good book, which also has a study guide, which asks 5 questions about each chapter.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review program.
at May 06, 2014
If you are searching for a quick, easy to read, but moving devotional to help you better understand and experience the call of Christ in y...
MY NAME IS PRIDE By BETH MOORE My name is Pride. I am a cheater. I cheat you of your God-given destiny... because you demand y...
I wish I had this book when my boys were younger. This is a wonderful and powerful way for parents to engage with their children on a dai...
Patrick Lencioni is a wonderful leadership expert and Christian. He has written many best selling books, such as "The Five Dysfunction...