- We’ve elected our first African-American President. That’s historic.
- Although it was interesting to note not many people made an issue of it leading up to the election, but they are afterwards. That is an interesting dynamic.
- I’m proud to be an American. Our political process really works, even when I am not thrilled with the results.
- The biggest surprise of this election process for me was watching Obama upset Clinton to get the nomination.
- Runner up to that for me was watching the collapse of the Giuliani campaign. I thought he would be the Republican candidate.
- I don’t recall watching any television ads in the past two days for any politician.
- As far as I know, we did not receive any direct mail advertising from either campaign.
- I thought the branding of the Obama campaign (graphics and otherwise) was far superior to McCain. This appealed to the younger generation. Obama had much, much more appeal to those in the 18-35 range.
- I’m glad I didn’t have to run on the Republican ticket given the current economy. I don’t know if any candidate could have beaten Obama this year.
- I think the campaign ended up being more about “change” than it had to do with specific ideas.
- Honestly, I didn’t want to vote for either of these candidates for different reasons. But I did.
- It’s amazing in a country our size, these were the best two candidates to run for President.
- I like Obama’s personality and charisma more than McCain’s. I think the more “likeable” candidate usually gets elected regardless of their platform.
- Senator Dole, Senator Gore, Senator Kerry, Senator McCain; I think it’s a tough mountain to climb when you’re viewed as an established Washington insider, and lacking in the charisma people want to see and experience.
- I’m amazed at how seamless the transition is in America when we select a new leader.
- It’ll be interesting to watch the Democrats shift from the Clinton era to the Obama era.
- It’ll be interesting to watch who rises up to lead within the Republican party.
- I believe McCain lost on several key issues, but I am not a politician or on someone’s staff and they did not ask me.
- McCain’s concession speech for very honoring to his opponent.
- Obama’s victory speech was stirring.
- Obama is a great communicator.
- Oh, and one more thing… God is sovereign and He is the only answer to real change in our lives and in our communities.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Post Election Thoughts