I wish I had this book when I was a younger man. I'm not sure I was mature enough to understand the insights when I was a teen, but that was light years ago. Since we are seeing teens mature at a quicker rate, there is a greater need for a book like this. I know I will highly recommend this book to some people who have teens. As the father of two boys, almost 11 and 8 1/2, I know this book will help Debbie and I.
The authors, along with their wives did scientific surveys by interviewing young women. Then they had their statistics verified by a professional company. Their findings are great and they break the book down into 7 main chapters, each touching on a vital subject ~
- Abercrombie Boy vs. Our Hero, Average Joe (Why Ordinary guys have a real chance with great girls)
- Why Good Girls Like Bad Boys (Understanding a girl's greatest secret fear - and what you can do about it)
- When Girls Stop Making Sense (A code breaker's guide to baffling female behavior)
- Breaking Up, Breaking You (Why girls go from "love" to "get lost" so fast - and how to keep from getting crushed)
- No Dropped Calls (How to talk and listen to a girl without looking like an idiot)
- What it Really Means to Score (The truth about girls, guys and sex)
- The Guy Every Girl Wants . . . Really (Could it be that the real you is the real prize?)
One final note ~ while the book is written from a Christian point of view, it is not filled with 100's of Bible references to help the authors make their points.
I highly recommend this book, and would give it 5 stars because of its relevancy, tone (serious with humor added), creativity.
You can also go to their website at www.foryoungmenonly.com
Click HERE to find this book.
Or on this link: http://www.amazon.com/Young-Men-Only-Guide-Gender/dp/160142020X/ref=ed_oe_h
Other books written in this series includes:
For Young Women Only
For Women Only
For Men Only
Click on any of the above titles to go to Amazon books.