Let me think (sarcasm) I wanted to say "why isn't it your responsibility?" but tried to be more gracious.
Here is the deal? Often times it seems as if it is always someone else's responsibility to do what anyone could be doing. You know what I mean. If we do not model what first impressions are, or what expectations are, how will anyone know what to do.
Here is a quick, short list of thoughts to think about as you walk through the church and the church campus. Maybe even it will help as you walk through your home, office or school.:
- If you can fix it, fix it.
- If you don't know how to fix it, tell someone, don't just leave something broken and walk away.
- If parking is an issue help someone find a place to park.
- When you see someone you don’t know, introduce yourself.
- Greet and help someone before they even enter the church.
- Take someone new under your wing for the day? Never walk alone.
- Don't let them walk alone.
- If someone looks like they need help, they usually do? Help them.
- When you find stuff laying around, remove it.
- If the trash is full, take it out.
- Pick up trash on your way in and out of church.
- Straighten signs if needed.
- If displays look messy, clean and straighten them.
- Help someone new find a seat before the ushers do. Have them sit with you.
- Be available to give up your seat up in a heartbeat.
- If we need more t.p. or p.t. let someone know.
- If the toilet is backed up, let someone know.
- If something is not working, let someone know.
- Look for people in need and serve them.
- Come early and stay late.
Just some random reflections on a Monday night.